This article is about the warranty on products you buy from Rugged SA.
All goods dispatched from Rugged SA are checked for quality, including checks of the appearance of the goods, the function of the hardware and software, the packaging, and inclusion of applicable accessories and power adapters.
Rugged SA undertakes to communicate openly, promptly, and carefully with all customers in relation to issues with received goods.
If you are a customer with goods which appear to have a problem, please talk to us before initiating complaints via Social Networks. Usually, there is a way for us to resolve your issue quickly and to ensure you're satisfied!
2. What Does Rugged SA’s Warranty Imply?
- All products bought from Rugged SA comes with a standard 1-year manufacturer warranty unless specified otherwise on the product page;
- As a wholesaler, Rugged SA can only offer problem-solving for faulty products which either shipped in an unsatisfactory condition or developed internal faults naturally during usage without issues of physical damage or unsupported usage. In other words, if the product is broken you can contact us to send it back for a repair.
3. 14-Day Product Replacement/Refund Policy
Rugged SA provides a 14-day replacement/refund under the following circumstances:
- The product received is not the product that was ordered*;
- The product is faulty;
- The product is unwanted;
- The product complies with both point 6 and 7 of the Rugged SA Warranty Policy.
The14-Day replacement warranty is valid for 14 days starting on the date of purchase as indicated on the order invoice.
*This excludes ALL rugged covers and screen protectors.
- If you return a defective/unwanted product to us, you must ensure that the product is returned in mint condition and original packaging. If you fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with that product, we are entitled to (subject to applicable law) to refuse the return, only to replace the item that you did return, or to estimate the value of the missing accessories and parts and only to credit or refund you in respect of the returned item.
4. When Does The 12 Month Warranty Start from?
- The warranty period begins from the date of purchase as specified on the order invoice. The period is exactly 365 days from that time. For example, a product on the 365th day is covered, but a product on the 366th is no longer covered.
5. Who Pays for What?
- The cost of shipping a presumably faulty/unwanted item back to Rugged SA: Paid by the customer, cannot be reimbursed;
- The cost of shipping repaired/replaced item back to the customer from Rugged SA: paid by Rugged SA in full;
- If a product cannot be repaired: The client may request store credit, a replacement, or a refund (Subject to the inspection of the physical condition of the device).
6. In What Situations Are Returns/Compensation NOT Approved by Rugged SA?
Below are instances where a customer will not be eligible for returns and/or compensation:
- Unapproved returns or returned products not processed through Rugged SA’s RMA procedure;
- Products whose warranty period has expired;
- Received returned products that are damaged because of inadequate return packaging;
- Products that were originally approved for return through our RMA procedure but have been confirmed by our QC engineers to be not broken and actually well-functioning after testing, shall not be returned to the buyer unless the buyer pays return shipping;
- Physically damaged or broken products caused by misuse or mishandling, subjects to manufacture technical test result;
We will send you exactly what you order, so please read descriptions carefully before purchasing.
7. How is my warranty voided?
Your warranty will be voided if your device is damaged. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Physical damage and/or misuse or abuse (Such as a cracked/damaged LCD), liquid damage, repairs and/or product modifications and alterations that have been executed by unauthorised third parties;
- Modifying the exterior of the device by gluing, pasting or sticking ‘decorative’ images on the device can void the warranty if such attachments impact the interior mechanics of the device. Such attachments can also influence the strength of your network connectivity on the device;
- The downloading of illegal software, alteration of the IMEI number on your device, whether it has been deleted, removed or made illegible, or if the internal data of your device doesn’t comply with the proof of purchase;
- Failing to properly follow the installation process and instructions for use, or if you use products or accessories that aren’t compatible with your device – such as generic accessories and other contaminated auxiliary devices.
- When any evidence exists that the device was opened in order to access, investigate, repair and/or attempt to repair the device without the knowledge or written consent from Rugged SA.
- Please ensure to have completed a returns request form that can be found here before you return the device to Rugged SA;
- Repairs usually take no longer than 3 - 5 business days from the date we receive the faulty product;
- The repair process period may be extended under the following conditions:
- Unavailability of spare parts
- Lock code/security pattern was not deactivated/provided.
- We are unable to contact you for additional information regarding any product faults/defects.
- Unforeseen software issues that may be required.
- When a product requires additional testing/inspection e.g. battery life issues.
- Repair terms CAN BE FOUND HERE
9. How do I request to return a product to Rugged SA?
- Please fill in and complete our RMA form that can be found here;
- After the form has been completed successfully and submitted Rugged SA will accept/deny the RMA procedure within 1 business day;
- Rugged SA will communicate all steps thoroughly with the customer in order for the process to be as clear and efficient as possible;
10. Important Notice:
- Please ensure ALL your personal data is backed up before returning your device to us. Your data could be lost/damaged in the repair process;
- Please ensure the return package is CLEARLY marked with either the RMA or order number. Devices that are not clearly marked with these details will not be serviced;
- Make sure you disable/deactivate any security lock/unlock patterns on the device.
- All faulty/defective devices need to be returned to Rugged SA within 14-days of the customer completing the RMA returns form.