The Conquest S12 Pro - Rugged SA's Intrinsically safe device.
Rugged SA provides intrinsically safe devices for the world's most hazardous locations in oil and gas, chemical, mining, pharmaceutical, public safety, utilities, and other industries with explosive environments. Rugged SA's intrinsically safe Android phone brings real-time connectivity to all personnel in hazardous locations, helping them to harness the power of data to optimize efficiency, safety, and productivity.
Harsh environments are no longer a reason to not take advantage of the latest digital workflow tools. The conquest S12 pro is mil-std-810g and ip68-certified, meaning it’s tough enough to withstand drops, shocks, and outdoor environments. It’s ideal for industries like mining and the petrochemical industry.
With the S12 Pro, you’re even able to conduct crucial on-premises analysis, update work orders, count inventory, and file field reports complete with photos and videos, all with an intuitive interface on a reliable device.
- Brand – Conquest
- Model – S12 Pro
- Device Type – Android 4G Rugged Smartphone
- CPU – MediaTek Helio P70 2.5GHz Octa-Core processor
- Camera – 21MP with Dual-LED and AF Rear Camera | 13MP Front Camera
- Memory – RAM- 6GB | ROM 128GB; External Memory Supports Up to 512GB
- Display – Screen size 5.99-inches IPS FHD+ Display (1080 x 2160 Pixels); Ratio 18:9
- Battery – Non-Removable 8000 mAh Lithium-Polymer
- SIM – Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM + 1 Slot for TF Card)
- Sensors – Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Light Sensor, Compass Sensor, Gyroscope, Fingerprint Sensor
- Color – Yellow, Black, Red
- Operating System – Android 9 GMS Certified
- EX Rating – Underground Mining: Ex ia I Ma / Ex ia IIC T4 Ga / Ex tb IIIC T135°C Db
- I/O Interface – 2 x Nano SIM Card Slot, microSD/TF Card Slot, Micro USB Port, Audio Out Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker
- Dimensions – 172(L) x 84.5(H) x 17.9(W)mm
- Weight – 386Grams (With Battery)
- More Feature – Metal Plastic Rugged Body Design, Computer Sync, OTA Sync, Tethering, Rounded Edges, Corning Gorilla Glass, IP68 Dustproof & Waterproof Resistance certificates, SOS, OTG Support, Infrared, NFC Support
- IA CERTIFICATE: MASC MS/19-0686X
- Local Warranty & Support
So, what are Intrinsically safe devices?
Intrinsically safe equipment is defined as "equipment and wiring which is incapable of releasing sufficient electrical or thermal energy under normal or abnormal conditions to cause ignition of a specific hazardous atmospheric mixture in its most easily ignited concentration." This is achieved by limiting the amount of power available to the electrical equipment in the hazardous area to a level below that which will ignite the gases.
Whenever equipment is being installed in an area where combustible material is present it is essential to take steps to minimize the risk of ignition. An IS design is accepted as an appropriate approach, although requires that the whole system be designed accordingly. It is not sufficient to just use intrinsic safety certified components.
When electrical equipment and instrumentation must be placed in a hazardous environment, Intrinsic Safety barriers offer several benefits.
- It helps ensure a safe work environment and protects those nearby from explosion risks.
- It avoids the cost and bulk of explosion proof enclosures. Additional cost savings accrue from the ability to use standard instrumentation cables.
- Maintenance and diagnostic work can be performed without shutting down production and ventilating the work area.
- Insurance premiums may be lower as a result of the reduction in risk.
Does Intrinsic Safety affect the performance of the certified device?
No, the performance is the same as the as the non-certified with higher reliability. These devices use the same parts as the non-certified device but have been
designed to limit the energy stored and heat generated in case of an internal fault condition.
Areas where there is a risk of explosion that could cause injury to people or damage to the environment are subject in most countries to legal or comparable regulations.
General information about international legal basis and standards
The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) is responsible for global standards in the electrotechnology sector. IEC publications equate to recommendations according to
which nearly all standards are oriented. Until a few years ago, requirements for areas subject to gas explosion were specified in the standard series 60079.
Since many requirements are the same for both sectors, both series of standards have been summarized under the series IEC 60079. For some standards,
this step has already been taken; others will follow.
However, national regulations can deviate from these standards. Therefore it is necessary to test to what extent the IEC standards can be applied in the individual countries.
Explosion protection for devices
The various methods of guaranteeing ignition protection for devices are called ignition protection types. These are described in the various parts of IEC series 60079. These are construction regulations that are recognized in many countries.